Watch the recorded webinar
October 22, 2019 •
Contracting Private Security Companies: Risks & Responsibilities in a Changing Market – October 17, 2019
The demand for services offered by private security companies is growing exponentially around the world. So what are the risks and responsibilities that clients of security companies take on when they contract these service providers? Join a panel of experts and practitioners and bring your own questions for an interactive webinar as we consider the following:
What are internationally recognized best practices for the management of security services?
Do the clients of private security companies have a duty of care, and if so, to whom?
What are the implications for clients contracting private security companies as the range of services these companies provide grows and as the environments in which they operate becomes increasingly complex?
What are the challenges in contracting responsible local providers whose operations meet international best practice when the number of companies offering security services is rapidly increasing?
- Dr. Deborah Avant, Sié Chéou-Kang Chair for International Security and Diplomacy
- Josef Korbel School of International Studies, University of Denver, USA
- Jonathan C. Drimmer, Strategic Advisor, Voluntary Principles Initiative & Partner, Paul Hastings, Washington DC, USA
- Capt (Rtd) Jonathan Merimug, Operations Manager, Ekosowan Security Express Services Ltd, Kenya
- Nick Rowe, Project Manager Security Services Tullow Oil, KK Security, Kenya
Chris Galvin, Head of Communications & Outreach, ICoCA, Switzerland
Brought to you by ICoCA and the Voluntary Principles Initiative.