Position Available: Senior Communications Officer
June 22, 2022 •
We are looking for a creative and self-starting Senior Communications Officer to join a small, dynamic team growing and strengthening a global human rights-related initiative founded in 2000. The Senior Communications Officer will report to the Deputy Head of Secretariat and help implement the communications and outreach strategy of the initiative and support the implementation of its strategic goals.
Position responsibilities include:
- Support the development and lead the implementation of the Initiative’s Communications Strategy.
- Develop complex written content for various communications products and audiences (internal and external), including articles, newsletters, papers, reports, briefing materials, brochures, presentations, news releases, etc.
- Analysis of written materials (reports, studies, papers) and production of more accessible/readable content, such as summaries, case studies, white papers, etc.
- Manage regular updates to the website; propose and implement continuous improvement of the platform. Manage social media account.
- Support the planning and execution of events (in-person and online), such as panel discussions, meetings, webinars, presentations, etc.
- Support the implementation of an outreach strategy to promote the engagement of its various stakeholders and expand membership.
- Responsible for organizational and administrative tasks to support communications activities, such as tracking of activities/results, production of reports, management of mailing lists, revision of documents, etc.
- University degree in Journalism or Communications or equivalent professional experience.
- Excellent writing and analytical skills. Capacity to interpret complex information and develop meaningful, clear messages.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in communications positions.
- Strong computer skills, particularly Microsoft Office (Office 365, Word, PowerPoint, Excel). Experience using digital communications platforms and tools such as WordPress, event management applications, online surveys, Hootsuite, etc.
- Proven experience managing website updates.
- Location of employment: Ottawa. Hybrid workplace requiring 3 days/week in the office.
- Eligibility to work in Canada.
- Strong English language and communications skills in writing and speaking. Additional languages considered an asset.
- Willingness to travel internationally.
- Strong initiative, self-starter;
- Ability to work in various projects simultaneously; ability to shift priorities on a daily basis.
- Excellent interpersonal, time management, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with creating and deploying newsletters using email marketing platforms such as Mailchimp, Constant Contact, etc.
- Proven experience managing social media channels.
- Knowledge of Analytics tools such as Google Analytics.
- Experience in events management (digital and/or in-person).
- Ability to liaison with suppliers (communications agency, venues, etc).
- Knowledge of the global human rights movement or experience working in the extractive sector.
- Experience working for a multi-stakeholder Initiative or a membership-based organization
The position is full-time and under renewable contracts. Competitive salary (commensurable with experience) and generous benefits package. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
Please forward your covering letter and cv by email by Thursday, July 14, 2022 to: email@example.com