Call for project partners
DCAF — the Geneva Centre for Security Sector Governance and the ICRC — the International Committee of the Red Cross are seeking expressions of interest to forge a multi-year partnership with an academic, policy research, think tank or civil society organisation committed to promoting security and human rights. In particular, the partner will play a lead role in ensuring the DCAF-ICRC Toolkit and Knowledge Hub remain relevant and fit-for-purpose, continuously evolving in order to achieve maximum impact.
Since 2012, DCAF and ICRC have developed tools and guidance in response to needs expressed by companies, governments, and civil society organisations. The two main products are the Security and Human Rights Challenges in Complex Environments Toolkit and Knowledge Hub. Both these resources have had a major impact on the policies and practices of international companies and other stakeholders, contributing to the implementation of multistakeholder initiatives such as the Voluntary Principles on Security and Human Rights.
The application should include the following elements:
– A motivational statement explaining why the applicant wishes to partner with DCAF and ICRC;
– Clear methodology and implementation plan for the updating and continuous improvement of a) the Toolkit and b) the Knowledge Hub as ‘living resources’;
– Innovative proposals on how to further develop and promote these resources with different stakeholder groups;
– Evidence of track record of applied research/tools development in the field of business, human rights and security;
– Description/bios indicating specific expertise in this subject area that will be dedicated to the project;
– An analysis of how the applicant will sustain its contribution to the partnership – in terms of human and financial resources – over a 3-year period;
– Availability to engage with DCAF-ICRC on this project beginning Q2 2020 with the objective to deliver an initial update of the Toolkit/Knowledge Hub by Q4 2020.
Applications must be submitted by February 29, 2020, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information can be found here.